Create your Confidentiality Agreement
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhen should I use a Confidentiality Agreement?Whenever sensitive information needs to be shared between two parties it is a good idea to use a Confidentiality or Non-disclosure Agreement. This will help formalize the relationship and provide protection if the confidential information is released.What information is considered confidential?Confidential information would include all information that is provided by the Employer to the Employee that is not common knowledge or already in the public domain.
Confidential information does NOT include the following:
- Information that is already known in the industry;
- Information that becomes publicly known through no fault of the Employee;
- Information already rightfully in the possession of the Employee;
- Information created by the Employee through the Employee's own independent research;
- Information rightfully disclosed and obtained from a third party.